Christmas Stuff, Part Three

This is when I get all hostile about the holidays...

Things About
Christmas
That Drive Me
INSANE:

Bad Remakes of Great Songs - I swear to god I heard two rmakes of Elvis Presley's "Blue Christmas" that made me want to puke. Seriously people, can we just leave The King's songs alone? (Yes, I'm talking to YOU Martina McBride!)

Nativities That Aren't Set Up Right - Of the fourteen years that I've been alive, I always saw Mary ON THE LEFT, not the right.

Shopping - Need I say more? I just HATE shopping alltogether.

People Who Spell Your Name Wrong on Cards - Seriously people, my name isn't hard to remember! A-L-L-I. No "E", no "Y" and TWO "L's"!!

Singing Along to the Radio - And people wonder why I always have my iPod. Well, that's why.

"It's Too Expensive" - $30 can't be THAT expensive!

Opening the Same Gift First Every Year - Wow. More underpants. Thanks. Ugh.

Same Christmas Specials - Santa Claus is Coming to Town is really starting to get on my nerves.

Lifetime - Seriously Mom, isn't there anything else on?

Wrapping Presents - "Smokey, get AWAY from the RIBBON!"

3 comments:

Linda and Mark said...

I just had to comment.

Not all remakes are bad. My favorite one is of Hark the Harold Angels Sing. Come on Alli, you know the words...MATTHEW MARK LUKE AND JOHN!!

I checked my nativity and Mary is on the left. I looked at a picture from last year's and she was on the left then too. I never realized there was a right and wrong way, but I am glad I've been doing it right all these years.

I hope that I spelled your name right on my card, I am pretty sure I did.

I disagree with the specials..I love the misfit toys!

I hear this one though... I have NEVER once gotten underpants for Christmas and I pray every year that will continue!! They are a NECESSITY-NOT a present! What if I ran out of underpants on December 10th, would I have to wait until Christmas morning to get new ones? No!

Lastly, be glad Denise is watching Lifetime, the Hallmark channel is WAY worse!!

Marie said...

I totally agree about the TV specials & underpants. However, you'll be shocked to find out how expensive $30 actually is once you're an adult. Just ask your mom, I actually pay attention to the price of bananas these days!!

Anonymous said...

Phooey on Elvis...he's dead and has left the building. The only "Blue Christmas" worth listening to is Porky Pig's version. :-)

I think Mary is on the left in the creche because her statues are always on the left in church...I tried searching for why that is...but so far no luck.

And Marie has it much worse...I've been watching Lifetime AND the Hallmark channel! Marie's right about adulthood...and something you'll all maybe find out someday is that sometimes...sappy Christmas/family movies are just the thing for an evening of escape.